Origami Striped Sonobe - Octahedron

 The third of the models that I tried was the Origami Striped Sonobe, assembled into an Octahedron, from 12 modules. The assembly is, of course, different from the Large Cube assembly from my last post. 

The Octahedron is formed from pyramids, in rings of 4 pyramids. I love this assembly - it is easy but at the same time, looks quite complex. And the striped sonobe modules give it a nice touch. 

The colour combination is the same as my previous models - deep blue, light blue and yellow. The size remains the same - 3-inch squares. The resulting octahedron is about 3.5 cms (~1.4 inches). It fits nicely into the palm of my hand! A super-cute model :)

Model Details:

Model: Striped Sonobe - Octahedron

Creator: Meenakshi Mukerji

Book: Marvelous Modular Origami

Author: Meenakshi Mukerji

Difficulty Level: Low Intermediate

Paper Ratio: Square

Paper Size: 3 inches

Model Size: ~1.4 inches side

Modules: 12

0 comments :

Post a Comment