Origami Snow-capped Sonobe - Large Cube

 Continuing my theme from my last post, I folded the Snow-Capped Sonobe this time. The assembly is in a large cube, made from 12 units. This is the first Snow-capped sonobe. There is a second one too, but that required folding thirds at one point, so I gave that a miss!!

I have previously folded this model, but had assembled it into an octahedron. But this time, since I am trying to go as sequentially as possible, I assembled the large cube. By the way, this is the third model in the book, the second one being the Striped Sonobe.

This is also folded from 3-inch squares. While the large cube is larger than the cube, it really isn't that much bigger! Each side measures ~1.1 inch - not much different from 0.8 inch, is it?? 



Model Details:

Model: Snow-capped Sonobe - Large Cube

Creator: Meenakshi Mukerji

Book: Marvelous Modular Origami

Author: Meenakshi Mukerji

Difficulty Level: Low Intermediate

Paper Ratio: Square

Paper Size: 3 inches

Model Size: ~1.1 inches side

Modules: 12

0 comments :

Post a Comment