Newspaper Weaving - Coffee Time!


My second attempt at making an oval container has been quite a success, if I do say so myself! My first attempt was the blue box which was not that great, frankly speaking. Naturally, I wanted to retry it, but this time I decided to go with a decoupaged cardboard base. And I wanted a closed box, so decided to try the lid as well.

The decoupage tissue was in orange and grey, with a coffee theme, so I went for the same colour combination for my paper tubes as well. The orange came out very well. The grey was a hit and a miss - it looks a little grey and a little brown!



The style of weaving remains the same as before - a Layer-wise Rope Style Pattern. I used 3 grey tubes followed by an orange tube for a total of 32 tubes. The lid was a basic lid with a little loop to help open it. Finally, I double-glazed the entire thing to make it real hard. In addition to making it hard, it made it a little glossy as well, which I am not too happy about. I prefer a matt finish to a gloss one.


0 comments :

Post a Comment