Belt Cube - Unit Origami Essence


After completing the various cubes from Tomoko Fuse's book 'Unit Origami Essence', I wanted to proceed through the rest of the book. So I moved over to the belt cubes described from page 58 onwards.

Once again, these cubes are made from 6 units. The first of these cubes were pretty easy to fold and assemble. Minor variations have been shown as well. What I have folded is the first variation of the cube. The recommended size of paper is 6 inches (15 cms), but I decided I wanted something smaller, so went with 3.5 inches squares. Even with this size, the model was fairly easy to fold.

The cubes promise to get progressively more difficult to fold and I look forward to the challenge 😀

Model Details:

Model: Belt Cube 

Creator: Tomoko Fuse

Book: Unit Origami Essence
 

Author: Tomoko Fuse
 

Difficulty Level: Low Intermediate

Paper Ratio: Square

Paper Size: 3.5 inches

Model Size: ~1.7 inches

Modules: 6

0 comments :

Post a Comment