Origami Omega Star Kusudama


Valerie Vann's Omega Star Kusudama has been on my to-do list for quite some time. Finally this new year, I decided to get around to it!

Though Valerie Vann is well known for her magic cube rose, this kusudama interested me more than the rose. This modular is made of 30 units and are incredibly easy to fold! It starts with a water bomb base and involves exactly 2 more folds after that to fold the module!

Assembly is also easy, theoretically! As you add more and more units, the tabs tend to pop out of the pockets, but it is still manageable.

I liked the paper that I had used and the colour I had chosen, steel grey. The modules are folded from 3 inch squares and the resulting modular origami is around 5 inches in diameter.

Model Details:

Model: Omega Star Kusudama 

Creator: Valerie Vann

Difficulty Level: Low Intermediate

Paper Ratio: Square

Paper Size: 3 inches

Model Size: ~5 inches in diameter

Modules: 30

Tutorial: Youtube

0 comments :

Post a Comment