Modular Kusudama


Daniel Reutskiy's  modular origami, folded from 30 modules is one that I absolutely enjoyed folding!

But more than the origami itself, what pleased me the most was the colour combination that I have used in the origami. This combination of colours was chosen by Little Miss, she calls it butterscotch-chocolate-raspberry. Initially I was very sceptical of the three colours she had chosen but she was absolutely convinced that it would come out well and I must admit, I love the way it has turned out! Kudos to my Little Miss 👌

That said, the modules are pretty easy to fold and so is the assembly. I like the way the models dips in. No surprises with regard to the assembly - it is the standard icosahedron assembly - 3 modules in clusters of 5.

Overall, an enjoyable experience. There is also a 12-module version which i hope to try out soon.

Model Details:

Model: Modular Kusudama 

Creator: Daniel Reutskiy

Difficulty Level: Low Intermediate

Paper Ratio: Square

Paper Size: 3 inch squares

Model Size: ~4 inches in diameter

Modules: 30

Tutorial: Youtube 

0 comments :

Post a Comment