Magazine art - Decoupaged box


Magazine art is an interesting way of recycling old magazines, which are in abundance at our house. So, after making all those pen holders last month, I decided to try about something else this time.

So here is my first attempt at decoupaging with magazine paper! And here's how I went about it.

First of all, I wanted a good, solid box. So, while a good cardboard box would have been good enough, I wanted something sturdier. That means, I decided to use an old wooden box for this attempt.

I sanded down the box and then coated it with a layer of white acrylic paint. Once the paint dried, it was time to decoupage! I mixed a portion of white glue with 2 portions of water and set this aside. I chose the most colourful pages and cut them into multiple pieces.

Then it was just a matter of applying the glue-water mixture, sticking a piece of magazine paper and reapplying another layer of glue-water mixture. I continued till the whole box was covered with the magazine paper. I decoupaged the inside of the box as well. And the lid too.

I allowed the box to dry down over-night. Then I covered the whole box with a layer of the same glue-water mixture. Again it dried over-night.

Finally my decoupaged box was ready for use. Now my only question is whether to use it as a decoupaged box or do something with magazine rolls.. Well, I'll just have to wait and see how I decide to go about it 😃

0 comments :

Post a Comment