Newspaper Weaving - Knick-knack dish


Since I am fairly confident of making circular dishes using newspaper weaving, I decided to venture a little further and try my hand at other shapes. The model I had readily available with me was a square dish, so I decided to use that to make these knick-knack dishes.

I made a series of them. The first was made using pastel coloured newspaper tubes, that were actually left-overs from previous projects. I must say I was pleasantly surprised by how well it turned out!


For the next couple, I used a mix of brown and yellow tubes with the newspaper print visible. I have come to realise that people are more attracted to the products which show the print, rather than those made from the plain, coloured tubes. I guess when the print is visible, it provides additional proof that it is really made from paper? I don't know, that is just a guess 😀


Anyway, I have also developed a liking for these rolls, so I hope to make more products using similar paper. For now, I am happy with the way these dishes have turned out. The brown ones have been confiscated as soon as they were done - apparently my brother absolutely needs them to organise his office desk!  And the pastel one has, naturally, been taken over by Little Miss. So that was that. 3 dishes done and I still lack dishes to organise my own desk! 😄

2 comments :