Newspaper Weaving - Serving Tray and Coasters


How about that? An order for a serving tray and 4 coasters completed! Very happy with the way the project has shaped up 😊 The tray is 12 inches in diameter and the coasters are 5 inches across. I had made the tray with a couple of handles on either side, making it easier to carry it. I ended up using a total of about 250 rolls for the tray and 200 rolls for the coasters - 50 per coaster.

Also, notice the origami stars scattered on the tray? Courtesy of Little Miss, who decided that the tray will look even more beautiful with the stars scattered randomly. Well, can't argue with her, so there you go...


The best part of the project for me? The edging of the tray. Can you make out those long loops that form a thick edge? This was something I have been practising for some time now, but failing more often than not! So when it turned out perfect for this tray, I was over the moon! 😎

Finally, once all the gluing and drying was complete, I varnished the tray and the coasters and allowed them to dry over night and now, all I need to do is pack and send them to their new owners 😊 An exciting end to the day! Yay! 

0 comments :

Post a Comment