Sham


The Sham, designed by Mio Tsugawa, is a ball-like modular origami made from 30 units. The modules aren't very complicated to make and the assembly is also fairly easy. The model does not require glue to hold it together, but I did add some, so that it does not fall apart easily.

My model was supposed to be done entirely in purple but then I decided to add a band of modules in another colour. I love this combination of purple and pink. I had used a rectangle of size 6 inches by 3 inches and the resulting ball measured about 12 inches in diameter, a bit too big for my liking.

A note on the paper: I have used handmade paper for this model. This is not the best paper to use, since it does not crease well or hold shapes accurately. Hence the use of glue! But origami paper in the size 4:2 inches should result in an excellent Sham.

Model Details:

Model: Sham 

Creator: Mio Tsugawa

Difficulty Level: Low Intermediate

Paper Ratio: Rectangle in ratio 1:2

Paper Size: 6 inches * 3 inches

Model Size: ~12 inches in diameter

Modules: 30

Tutorial: Youtube

Instructions: Origamio.com

0 comments :

Post a Comment