Good Friday


Today is Good Friday, the day when Christ's crucifixion and death on the cross is remembered by Christians world over.

On this day of sacrifice, I folded this traditional cross from a strip of paper in the ratio 1:30. We usually fold this cross from palm leaves on Palm Sunday, but to me, the meaning of the cross is more profound on Good Friday. So I love folding this cross every year on this day to remind myself of Christ's amazing sacrifice for man.

I usually make this cross from 10 mm quilling strip - the perfect paper for making strip origami, be it stars or crosses! Here though, I have used single-sided paper and this has given me a small square in the centre.

Model Details:

Model: Cross 

Origin: Traditional

Difficulty Level: Simple

Paper Ratio: Strip

Paper Size: 1 cm by 30 cms

Instructions: Origami Resource Center 

0 comments :

Post a Comment