Andrea's Rose


I had first tried out J C Nolan's braided paper when I had initially started doing origami. Turns out it is not for a newbie!

I recently found the diagram for his Andrea's Rose and tried it out. The difficulty level is intermediate but still, it can be tried out by a beginner but requires some practise. The braided paper is still on the cards though. Maybe in a few months time..

The paper to be used should be thin but strong. The design involves making a lot of sink folds (the more levels of sinks there are, the better the rose looks) and if the paper isn't strong enough, it will tear very easily. The paper I had used for the rose above was regular printer paper. After 5 levels of sinking, the paper became too fragile. I had also tried with gift wrapper (my favourite for origami!) and with another solid coloured single sided paper. I was able to do upto 6 levels of sinks. J C Nolan's challenge is to make the rose with a 10 inch paper and have 8 levels of sinks!

Model Details:

Model: Andrea's Rose 

Creator: J C Nolan

Book: Creating Origami
 

Author: J C Nolan
 

Difficulty Level: High Intermediate

Paper Ratio: Square

Paper Size: 10 inches

Diagram: Origami CZ 

0 comments :

Post a Comment