Origami Apricot


After making this origami kusudama, designed by Ekaterina Lukasheva, I have a special respect for people who work with miniatures! For this model, I had some double-sided paper that was left over from a previous origami modular that I had done. So I decided to use that paper.

The size of those squares were 2 inches. Since this kusudama required paper in the ratio 1:2, I cut each of the squares in half which resulted in 30 pieces of 1 inch by 2 inches. And then proceeded with this kusudama.

While making the individual modules was quite simple, assembly was a real challenge, given the small sizes of the folded modules. Patience is of the essence and of course, a toothpick! I finally ended up gluing the modules to ensure that they did not come undone while assembling them.

Overall, an interesting kusudama. But I will think twice if I have to fold this one again! 😆😆

Model Details:

Model: Apricot

Creator: Ekaterina Lukasheva

Book: Modern Kusudama Origami

Author: Ekaterina Lukasheva

Difficulty Level: High Intermediate

Paper Ratio: Rectangle in ratio 1:2

Paper Size: 1 inch by 2 inches

Model Size: ~2 inches in diameter

Modules: 30


0 comments :

Post a Comment