Newspaper Weaving - Hat

With summer just around the corner, Little Miss decided that she wanted me to weave her a hat.. So naturally, I got cracking and used my trial tubes to make a trial hat.

Whenever I roll tubes, I segregate them into 3-4 categories - the no-print tubes, tubes with only black print and the rest of the coloured tubes. The coloured tubes are used for all my trials. I don't paint them, so they are not very strong. Anyway, I always have a couple of bunches of these trial tubes.

The procedure was pretty elementary - round box for form, started with 16 tubes in the centre and wove around the form till I was happy with the size, then I flattened out the tubes and wove the rim of the hat.


Here's Little Miss, modelling the hat. Unfortunately, a round hat doesn't really fit our heads! I did not realise this till she tried it out. Apparently, according to a few hat-related videos that I subsequently watched, the top of the hat needs to be more oval than rounded. So though I am happy with the initial output, there is much work to do before I can start making hats in various colours for Little Miss. She has already given me the colour combinations that I need to start working on 😄

0 comments :

Post a Comment