Origami Cyclon


Aldo Marcell's modular origami models are really, really pretty to look at! I had previously done the ever-popular Tornado.

So this time, I decided to work on the Cyclon model. Overall, the model is very economical, in that, the paper is in the ratio 1:3. Which means from 1 square, I managed to get 3 modules. Considering I was using some of my precious double-sided paper, this was very nice!

And folding the individual modules was also pretty easy. But the assembly is a whole different story altogether! It is seriously difficult! And this was aggravated by the size of the modules. Since I had divided up a 3-inch square into 3, I was working with small pieces of paper and, while I have folded really tiny pieces for my origami jewellery, it was obvious I have lost the touch of handling small pieces.

So to reiterate, the modules are easy to fold but really difficult to assemble! At one point, I was fairly certain that I was just going to lose patience and crush the whole thing 😔 It was only the thought of folding 30 modules again that stopped me from flinging it all away!

Anyway, I am glad I persisted. I am happy with the outcome. But going forward, I will doubly careful before choosing any of Aldo Marcell's models to fold 😆😆


Model Details:

Model: Cyclon 

Creator: Aldo Marcell

Difficulty Level: High Intermediate

Paper Ratio: 1:3

Paper Size: 1 inch by 3 inches

Model Size: ~2.5 inches in diameter

Modules: 30

Instructions: Stranamasterov.ru 

0 comments :

Post a Comment