Origami Horse


Stay home, Stay safe is the need of the hour! Well, during this coronavirus lockdown, this little horse by Oriol Esteve is one of the first origami that I tried out. Check out his Facebook post on the origami horse.

What I liked best about the origami is the suddenness with which the horse turns up! I mean, up to the 15th step, we are just folding along and there is no sign of a horse. But in 2 steps, 16th and 17th, there are 2 reverse folds and boom! You have a horse! 😄 And a super-cute little fella at that.

60 gsm paper would be the best, I thought, since there are multiple layers that are folded in the reverse folds. I used some lovely Momigami paper that I had (15 cms) which turned out to be a good decision. The final horse was about 5.75 cms.



Model Details:

Model: Horse 

Creator: Oriol Esteve

Difficulty Level: Low Intermediate

Paper Ratio: Square

Paper Size: 6 inches

Model Size: ~2.2 inches in height

Diagram: Facebook

0 comments :

Post a Comment