Owl


When I had started my origami journey, one of the first life-forms that I had folded was Roman Diaz's panda from his book "Origami Essence". Since then, I hadn't attempted to fold any of the other models in the book because they were a little too difficult for me.

Anyway, in recent days, I decided to revisit the models and decided to try out the owl, which is the second model in the book. The owl or the buho requires a square sheet of origami or kami paper, preferably duo-coloured. A square of at least 15 cms (6 inches) is suggested.

Since I wanted something small, I decided to try with a 10 cms (4 inches) square. I used some lovely duo-coloured kami paper, with an animal hide print on one side. I must say, when I saw the final owl. I was delighted both with my choice of paper and with the size I had used. The final owl was about 2 inches in height.

Model Details:

Model: Owl 

Creator: Roman Diaz 

Book: Origami Essence

Author: Roman Diaz

Difficulty Level: Low Intermediate

Paper Ratio: Square

Paper Size: 4 inches

Model Size: ~2 inches in height

Tutorial: Youtube

0 comments :

Post a Comment