Newspaper Weaving - Bowl


Ok, New Year and new trials! 😆 So my latest trial in newspaper weaving involved attempting a bowl. And this has been a project of new attempts!

First, till now, my problem has been getting a good bowl shape. Why? Because one cannot use a base form when weaving the top half of the bowl. This is more of weaving by look-and-feel and frankly speaking, I am not yet very good at this look-and-feel weaving!! But, I am getting there. I hope!! 😄😄 And this bowl was my first attempt at that.

In addition, I tried out a new way of moving from the base to the walls of the bowl. This gives a nice, thick rim to the base, which makes the bowl much more stable than usual. I found this style of weaving quite difficult, but in the days to come I hope to master this technique.

And last, I ended up using a mix of 2 colours randomly! A rust-coloured base with a orange coloured tubes in the rim of the bowl. Well, this is my attempt to try out new combinations in the hopes of striking something interesting! I don't know if I have achieved what I hoped for, but at least I had a go at it!!



Model Details:

Model: Woven Bowl

Difficulty Level: High Intermediate

Tutorial (making newspaper tubes): Youtube

Picture Tutorial for the thick rimmed bottom: Stranamasterov

0 comments :

Post a Comment