Braided Paper


The Braided Paper, designed by J C Nolan, is a very beautiful origami to fold. It does require some practise to fold it and one that I had tried when I was just a beginner in origami and failed.. It was quite some time after that that I tried another of J C Nolan's design, Andrea's Rose. Now I finally had enough confidence to give Braided Paper another try. And I did it! It is such a beautiful design that I am thrilled that I finally managed to do it! :)

I loved the paper that I used for this design, the same banana paper that I had used for Floral Top. The paper is crisp and thin but strong and very good for folding this model.

A square of 8 inches are higher would be ideal when trying this design for the first time. Anything smaller would lead to a lot of frustration when making the reverse and pleat-sink folds for the model.

Model Details:

Model: Braided Paper 

Creator: J C Nolan

Book: Creating Origami
 

Author: J C Nolan
 

Difficulty Level: High Intermediate

Paper Ratio: Square

Paper Size: 9 inches

Tutorial: Origami CZ  

0 comments :

Post a Comment