Heartbreak Kusudama


Recently I discovered another origami artist from Thailand, Sansanee Termtanasombat. As per her blog, PrwOrigami, her goal is to collect 1000 kusudamas. She also provides tutorials for a number of the models on her blog.

Of the models that have tutorials, I liked the heartbreak kusudama, for which the suggested colours are red and black. Naturally. But, I decided to go another way and chose pastel shades. I am not sure how well this combination of light blue, cream and white has turned out, but I quite like the pleasant colours. The individual modules are fairly easy to fold and so is the assembly, which is the traditional sonobe assembly.

In recent days, I seem to have developed a love for tassels, so I made a tassel for this kusudama too and made it into a hanging ornament.

Model Details:

Model: Heartbreak Kusudama 

Creator: Sansanee Termtanasombat (Praew)

Difficulty Level: High Intermediate

Paper Ratio: 1:2

Paper Size: 3 inches by 1.5 inches

Model Size: ~4 inches in diameter

Modules: 60

Tutorial: Youtube

0 comments :

Post a Comment