Origami Jaciara - Variation 2


After folding the Jaciara from the book 'Modern Kusudama Origami' by Ekaterina Lukasheva, I decided to give it another go. Only this time I tried out one of the variations of the model. And I used a smaller square, since I wasn't too happy with how big my previous model turned out to be!

This variation is the second variation for the model. The author states that the variation seems pointless till you open up the petals. And while this might be true, I must say I adored this model even in the closed-petal state! I quite liked the elegance of the closed kusudama.

But of course, when you open up the petals, it really looks like a blossomed flower. Be sure to use double-sided paper, so that the print on the other side becomes visible when it is opened.


The Jaciara is the last model in the book. There are 2 variations and another couple of Jaciara variables. Hopefully I will get a chance to try some more of these models in the future.

Model Details:

Model: Jaciara - Variation 2

Creator: Ekaterina Lukasheva

Book: Modern Kusudama Origami

Author: Ekaterina Lukasheva

Difficulty Level: High Intermediate

Paper Ratio: Square

Paper Size: 2 inch squares

Model Size: ~2.5 inches in diameter

Modules: 30

0 comments :

Post a Comment