Jaciara


'Modern Kusudama Origami' by Ekaterina Lukasheva is an excellent book on modular origami. To date I have already tried out 3 models and here is the fourth one - the Jaciara.

For the first attempt, I went ahead with the recommended paper size - 4 inches square. The finished model was about 5 inches in diameter - a tad too big for my liking. The next time I try, I will attempt a much smaller size, probably 2 inches or so.

The individual modules are not too difficult to fold, though it looks kinda scary at first! I liked the way the modules locked together.

There are a couple of variations mentioned. Hopefully I will get a chance to fold those as well.

Model Details:

Model: Jaciara 

Creator: Ekaterina Lukasheva

Book: Modern Kusudama Origami

Author: Ekaterina Lukasheva

Difficulty Level: High Intermediate

Paper Ratio: Square

Paper Size: 4 inch squares

Model Size: ~5 inches in diameter

Modules: 30

Tutorial: Youtube

0 comments :

Post a Comment