Origami Swans on Valentine's Day


Swans are such beautiful, graceful creatures that have long captured the human heart. And given that they mate for life, I decided to fold this beautiful origami on Valentine's Day.

The creator of this origami swan is Fynn Jackson, well-known for his origami masks. The masks do not interest me, unfortunately, but I did enjoy folding these swans, even though, if you are a regular reader of the blog, you would know that modular origami is where my interest lies. If origami masks interest you, be sure to check out his works on Facebook and Instagram

I used fairly big-sized (9 inch squares) single-sided origami paper. Double-sided paper would have worked better I think, because no matter what I did, I could not prevent the back of the paper from being seen (See the white bits on the black and grey swans!). There is a sink at the base of the neck, which I found particularly challenging. But otherwise, this was a good model to fold.

Well, give it a go. At least it will be a change from the hearts that everyone seems to fold on Valentine's Day!! 😎


Model Details:

Model: Swan 

Creator: Fynn Jackson

Difficulty Level: High Intermediate

Paper Ratio: Square

Paper Size: 9 inches

Model Size: ~3 inches across and ~2.5 inches in height

Diagram: Docdroid

0 comments :

Post a Comment