Rose Ring


In preparation of Valentine's Day next month, I thought I would try out something new. The Kawasaki rose has always been challenging for me, so I decided to make it even more challenging by making a rose ring using the same rose.

I have tried out the rose ring before, but I wasn't too happy with the way it turned out then. But after some practise and some fails, here is one I absolutely love. Goes to a good friend of mine too. Hope she likes it 😀

The paper I have used is pearlized washi paper in a soft peach colour with tinges of gold woven into the paper. The final ring was glazed to strengthen it.


The yellow rose is another one I made using similar paper. I used a bronze ring, which I thought went better with the rose. This was even more challenging, since the paper was smaller than the peach ring. But well, I am happy with the final outcome!! 😃

Model Details:

Model: Rose Ring 

Creator: Toshikazu Kawasaki

Book: Origami Dream World - Flowers and Animals
 

Author: Toshikazu Kawasaki
 

Difficulty Level: High Intermediate

Paper Ratio: Square

Tutorial: Youtube

0 comments :

Post a Comment