Newspaper Weaving - Pen / Pencil Pot

 So I have been experimenting with making some woven products using the original newspaper tubes, without colouring them. 

This was the first of them - a pen or pencil pot. This time I tried both ways - one I made using only the newspaper tubes, no colour. The next was made from wood-coloured tubes. What do you think? Which is the one you prefer?


Personally, I prefer the original tubes with no colour. I like that the paper is seen and anyone seeing it would know that it is made from paper. But if I want to hide that it is actually paper-made, then the colouring one works out well.

2 comments :

  1. Came across your blog by chance and in awe of your creativity. I had tried a newspaper weaved vase once back in school for a craft exhibition. Really takes a lot of patience. Your work is really amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for visiting and for your encouragement :) Absolutely made my day!!
      Yes it does take patience, but I find it very therapeutic, to be honest :D

      Delete