Newspaper Weaving - Mother's Day Bowl


Today being Mother's Day, I wanted to make something for my mom. Well, with the lockdown in place due to the coronavirus, shopping was out of question. Which means, I decided to try out one of my newspaper weaving projects. And so was born the Mother's Day Bowl.

The idea behind the bowl was to use one theme colour, in this case black, along with other coordinating colours, for which I chose blue, yellow and pink.

I also wanted a very sturdy base, so made use of some plywood and drilled holes into them to form the centre of the bowl. I then coated them with black acrylic paint. This was the starting point of the bowl. From there, I decided on going with the coiling or root weaving technique. This is woven freestyle, without any form.

While I love the colour combination, the finish is still not up to the mark. Naturally, this will only come with practice and as the lockdown continues, hopefully I will master this technique of newspaper weaving!



Model Details:

Model: Mother's Day Bowl

Difficulty Level: Complex

Tutorial (making newspaper tubes): Youtube

Tutorial (coiling or root-weaving technique): Youtube

0 comments :

Post a Comment