Origami Gekkin


The Gekkin kusudama started off as a way to use some leftover pieces of squares that I had mistakenly cut out for my last kusudama, Kusudama Estrelle Flor. While I needed only 15 squares of each colour, I had incorrectly calculated and cut 30 squares. So I ended up with the extra squares which I did not want to waste. 

So the Gekkin kusudama came in very handy. I used 10 dark purple, 10 lavender and 10 white squares to make this very pretty kusudama. A tassel and some beads and I ended up with an attractive ornament! 

The modules are pretty easy to fold and assembly is also straight forward. Since I wanted to make it into an ornament, I glued the joints. The curls add a very nice touch to the kusudama, giving the impression of a bouquet, I thought.



Model Details:

Model: Gekkin 

Creator: Maria Vahrusheva

Difficulty Level: High Intermediate

Paper Ratio: Square

Paper Size: 3 inches 

Model Size: ~5 inches in diameter

Modules: 30

Diagram: Mediafire

Tutorial: Youtube

0 comments :

Post a Comment