Origami Sonobe Variation - Narong Krined's Variation 1


Sonobes are beautiful, decorative origami created by Mitsunobu Sonobe. In addition to the original sonobe, thanks to its versatility and ease of folding, there are many, many variations created by Tomoko Fuse, Meenakshi Mukerji and quite a few other origamists.  

Narong Krined's variations caught my eye, while I was searching for my next model to fold. The one I have folded is the first of his variations that I was able to find. 

I used 7.5 cms squares, 30 in all for this model. As for the eye-popping colours, well, I wanted something attractive and multi-coloured. Since I am not very good with colour selections, Internet gave me this suggestion - Dark Purple, Mustard Yellow and Dark Coral. How does it look? Attractive or too candy-coloured? 

Model Details:

Model: Narong Krined's Sonobe Variation 1 

Creator: Narong Krined

Difficulty Level: Low Intermediate

Paper Ratio: Square

Paper Size: 3 inch squares

Model Size: ~3 inches in diameter

Modules: 30

Tutorial: Origamee.net 

0 comments :

Post a Comment