Diplodocus


I know zilch about dinosaurs! But Little Miss happened to see some origami dinosaur earrings on Etsy and wanted one for herself.

So I set about experimenting, since single-sheet origami isn't my cup of tea. Fumiaki Kawahata's book on Origami Dinosaurs has this folding for the Diplodocus, which was an interesting origami to fold. For the uninitiated, a diplodocus is a large, long-necked dinosaur, with a long tail. The animal is said to grow to a length of 24 metres (79 feet!!)

Since I wanted to make a small earring, I started of with a fairly large square first, just to see if I was able to fold it. The big grape coloured one is folded from a 7-inch square. And then, using progressively smaller squares, I refolded the origami. My smallest is folded from a 2-inch square. It is still too big to be an earring, but I will get there!


Model Details:

Model: Diplodocus (Dinosaur)

Creator: Fumiaki Kawahata

Book: Origami Dinosaurs 2

Author: Fumiaki Kawahata

Difficulty Level: High Intermediate

Paper Ratio: Square

0 comments :

Post a Comment