Sun

The origami sun was one of the designs I started folding in the beginning of the month, but was pleasantly side-tracked into folding a Compass Rose, which to me, looked kinda like the sun!

But I finally got around to folding the sun, designed by Jo Nakashima. It wasn't exactly a piece of cake and I still don't think I have got it quite right. There were a lot of pre-creasings and I think I might have missed out a couple, cos the shape isn't as nice as what Jo Nakashima demonstrates in his video.

The paper I had used was a 4-inch square and the resulting sun was about 3 inches in size.

Model Details:

Model: Sun

Creator: Jo Nakashima

Creator Online: Youtube, Facebook
 

Difficulty Level: High Intermediate

Paper Ratio: Square

Paper Size: 4 inches

Model Size: ~3 inches

Tutorial: Youtube

0 comments :

Post a Comment