Alice Gray Butterfly


After completing the Birdwing Butterfly from a few days back, I gave Michael LaFosse's very famous Alice Gray Butterfly a go. This is a much simpler butterfly to work on, but looks as beautiful as his more complex designs.

And to aid me in my origami, I had recently purchased Margaret van Sicklen's book 'The Joy of Origami'. The reason I had purchased the book was because of the beautiful paper that comes along with the book! The book has instructions for beginner origamists. But the paper is very good. It is glossy and thick magazine kinda paper. The beauty is in the designs and colours of the print. Very lovely! Unfortunately, due to the thickness, I wasn't able to make too many folds, but the Alice Gray butterfly isn't very complex, not too many folds. And the print was perfect for the butterfly. Well, actually, the paper was meant for the butterfly, this was among the first diagrams in the book, so everything was quite perfect :)

And I think the butterfly turned out quite well too. I love the shades of green and blue, very lovely! I think I should make this into my Favicon or something..

Model Details:

Model: Alice Gray Butterfly

Creator: Michael LaFosse

Book: Origami Butterflies
 

Authors: Michael G. LaFosse and Richard L. Alexander
 

Difficulty Level: Low Intermediate

Paper Ratio: Square

Paper Size: 6 inches

Instructions: Origami.cz

0 comments :

Post a Comment