Newspaper Weaving - Magazine Rack, Pen Stand and Tissue Holder


Well, well, well, it appears that I have completed 2 newspaper weaving projects in a month! This was yet another order that I had received. And I must say I was initially tempted to say no! I mean, I have never worked on a tissue holder, my magazine racks to-date were not really a success, so I was not sure I would be able to pull it off. But finally, after much research on Youtube and Pinterest and quite a few trials, I am done with it 😊


Of the three, the magazine rack was definitely the toughest. I started off with a plywood base with holes drilled every 2 cms. Walnut wood stained newspaper tubes formed the vertical racks. After that, it was just a matter of mixing the green and lavender tubes to form the pattern.


The pen holder was quite easy - circular base, raised the side tubes and used green and lavender to complete the sides. The tissue holder was a challenge because I have never done one before. I think I can improve on this in my next attempt. I added a little handle to hold the 2 sides and to keep the tissues in place.


Couldn't resist posting yet another picture of the magazine rack. I covered the plywood base with brown wallpaper to give it a more professional look. A closer look will give a better view of the base. 

0 comments :

Post a Comment