Newspaper Weaving - Wall Hanging


A few months, my daughter, Little Miss and I had made a few pen holders using rainbow coloured newspaper tubes. I had a few tubes left over from that project, so this trial turned out to be a good use of those tubes. 

This project almost turned out to be too much for me, a beginner, but I was determined to see it through! The difference between this and the usual weaving I have done is that there are multiple working tubes in this style, so keeping track of which tubes I was working with was quite a challenge initially. Maybe once I have gained more experience, I will attempt this weave again. 

I had made a few errors in my calculations, so there is some slight discrepancy in the arrangement of tubes, though this isn't really noticeable. Another error was in the way I finished up at the end. This turned out to be more obvious, especially in the second pic - the circle is slightly flattened in one place. 


Model Details:

Model: Woven Wall Hanging

Difficulty Level: High Intermediate

Tutorial (making newspaper tubes): Youtube

Picture Tutorial for this weave: GoldenerWidder

0 comments :

Post a Comment