Jitterbug Cuboctahedron

Assembling 8 units of Tung Ken Lam's jitterbug modules results in cubactohedron. I like the paper I have used for this model - 8 pieces of printed origami paper, 3 inches square. But overall, I did not like the outcome. I just was not able to get crisp sides, no matter how well I creased.

As far as stability goes, the model is quite stable. 4 units are made with 2 corners folded in and 4 with 1 corner folded in. The folded in part forms the pocket. The corners slot into the pockets very well and the connections are very strong. So I used no glue.

Model Details:

Model: Jitterbug Cuboctahedron

Creator: Tung Ken Lam (creator of jitterbug units)

Difficulty Level: Low Intermediate

Paper Ratio: Square

Paper size: 3 inches

Number of modules: 8

Tutorial: Origaminut.com

0 comments :

Post a Comment